Monday 5 November 2012

The 3 Boats

I found the 3 boats hugely helpful at our last campus session. The idea of having 3 boats which start completely separately and then join in the water and start to mix the ideas together to then reach one whole boat when all 3 boats come to the end of the race and meet in the dock at the end and having the idea portrayed as a picture as a visual it really helped me to see my 3 ideas and bring them together to help put my plan into practice. I hope you all found it as helpful as I did and if you weren't there on the day then I hope have explained it well enough for you all.

2 comments:

  1. Not being able to attend campus sessions, your analogy of 'Three Boats' was very helpful to me.
    As a dyslexic, I very much appreciate visual aids and hope you carry this forward in your Professional
    Practice in Special Needs Education and indeed in your future professional career. Thank you Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for putting this up Alice. Sometimes when there are delays to gathering data in the work place - it is more difficult to focus on what the purpose of the inquiry is... how it will tell you things you did not know and your job to analyse them with information that you do know.

    Carry on blogging - we try to blog once a week - but like everyone on the programme - soemtimes that is difficult.

    Keep blogging and talking to others on the programme as it will help the process form both ends.

    AND as in our telephone conversation - I agree that more pictures (like Adesola's boats) are needed to convey simple ideas and structures within the inquiry. I will try to do more of these as well

    ReplyDelete